This was a shocker.
The New York Jets defeated the Buffalo Bills by a final score of 20-17 in the biggest win of the Jets season so far. The Jets took advantage of the Bills' mistakes and took over the game in the fourth quarter with a barrage of run plays and kicked the game-winning field goal with under two minutes left. Here are the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of this epic win.
- The Run Game: The Bills run defense was ranked fourth in the league and the Jets running game made them look like they had the worse run defense in the league. It wasn't flashy it was just grind-it-out football. Both James Robinson and Michael Carter did an amazing job as they combined for 124 rushing yards in the game. Even Zach Wilson got into the act with 24 rushing yards. The Bills' run defense was surprisingly bad costing them the game.
- Jets O-Line: The Jets O-Line was fantastic this game as they only allowed two sacks for 18 yards. They are improving week by week despite their depleted offensive line.
- Garrett Wilson's Rise: WR Garrett Wilson is quickly becoming a staple of the offense as he caught eight balls for 92 yards. Without RB Breece Hall, Wilson has stepped it up in this offense. Can he keep it going?
- Zach Wilson's Redemption Game? Wilson did pretty decently as he went 18/25 with 154 yards and one touchdown. Way better than last week.
- Jets Secondary Allowing Diggs to Roam Free: On the first play of the game, Allen connected with WR Stefon Diggs for a big gain. That was just the beginning as Diggs carved up this secondary.
- Whatever this kick was?
Three Stars of the Game:
- WR Garrett Wilson: 8 receptions for 92 yards
- LB CJ Mosely: Six tackles
- The Jets' running game (Carter and Robinson)
Next Game: BYE this week, @Patriots on Sunday, November 20th at 1:00 pm