In a somewhat expected result, the Baltimore Ravens defeated the New York Jets by the final score of 24-9. The Jets dropped their 13th straight game in the month of September, dating back to 2018.
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson went 17 for 30 for 213 yards and three touchdowns. QB Joe Flacco actually had a decent game as he went for 37-59 for 303 yards with one touchdown. Clearly, the offense didn't show up as the Ravens shut down the offense and held the Jets to only nine points. Here are my Good, Bad, and Ugly parts of the game:
- Jets' Defense: The Jets defense actually did a great job in containing Lamar Jackson's run game as he only rushed for 17 yards on six carries
- The Rookies Shined a Little: WR Garrett Wilson had a decent game with four receptions for 52 yards. CB Amad "Sauce" Gardner had two tackles with one pass deflected. DE Jermaine Johnson had half a sack.
- Corey Davis: Davis had a decent game catching six receptions for 79 yards. He will be the go-to receiver for Flacco and Wilson going forward.
- CJ Mosley Returning to Form: CJ Mosley had 11 tackles last night. Shades of his old form.
- DJ Reed: Reed had one interception, one forced fumble, and one pass deflected. The reason why he was celebrating an interception during a blowout loss? Reed lost his father before kickoff. Rest In Peace to Dennis Reed Sr.
- Joe Flacco: Don't let the numbers fool you: Joe Flacco struggled to get in sync with the offense. He only had one touchdown and one interception. He also had three sacks and was hit three times.
- The Offensive Line: For the last few weeks, the Jets' offensive line has been playing musical chairs with some of the O-line being placed on injured reserve. The loss of OT Duane Brown really hurt the offensive line and it showed last night.
- Greg Zuerlein: Zuerlein missed one field goal and one extra point.
- The Jets offense: The Jets offense couldn't get anything going and showed some flashes of being good but it wasn't enough as they only scored nine points. Zack Wilson's return can't come soon enough.
- Tight End Tyler Conklin: Conklin was one of the biggest free agents signing this offseason. His first Jets game? Four receptions for 14 yards. Got to do better.
Three Stars of the Game:
- Corey Davis: Six receptions for 77 yards
- LB CJ Mosley: 11 tackles
- RB Breece Hall: Six receptions for 38 yards