Wow, let me relax a little. What a game!
The New York Jets defeated the Cleveland Browns yesterday by the final score of 31-30. The Jets were down 13 points with a little over 90 seconds left and engineered a comeback for the ages. To put perspective on how epic this comeback was: The Browns had a 99.9% win probability against the Jets.
QB Joe Flacco had in my opinion the best game in a Jets uniform as he threw for 307 yards with four touchdowns and zero interceptions. Brown QB Jacoby Brissett had a decent game as he threw for 229 yards with one touchdown and one interception. The offense showed up to play while the defense was a little bit iffy. With that in mind, here are the Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
- Joe Flacco: Flacco turn back the clock on Sunday as he played his best game in a Jets uniform throwing four touchdowns. With Zach Wilson potentially coming back in Week 4 against the Steelers, Flacco is doing everything in his power to get some wins for the Jets. In addition, Flacco's domination of the Cleveland Browns continues as he is now 18-3 against his former AFC North rival.
- WR Garrett Wilson: Garrett Wilson had the best game of his young career. The 10th overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft caught eight receptions for 102 yards and two touchdowns including the game-winning touchdown with 22 seconds left. This was Wilson's breakout game as he was Flacco's main target throughout the game. Clearly, the Jets offense wants Wilson to be at the center of the offense and this is a great introduction to the offense.
- RB Breece Hall: Overshadowed by Wilson's game, running back Breece Hall had a great game as well carrying the ball seven times for 50 yards, a better result than last week. In addition, he scored his first NFL touchdown on a pass from QB Joe Flacco. Hall is surely getting more accustomed to life in the NFL. Baby steps!
- The Offensive Line: In last week's game against the Ravens, the offensive line was absolutely disgraceful as they allowed three sacks. In the game against the Browns, they only allowed two sacks. Fourth-round pick RT Max Mitchell has been a godsend on the offensive line as he has back-to-back great games.
- The Defense: This young defense needs a lot of work as they allowed 229 yards to QB Jacoby Brissett. RB Nick Chubbs had 87 yards on 17 carries but had three touchdowns. RB Kareem Hunt had 58 yards on 13 carries. The run defense needs a lot of work also.
- Jets Pass Rush: The Jets' pass rush has been very underwhelming so far as they only register one sack against the Browns' offensive line. Luckily for them, the Bengals and their offensive line will be coming to MetLife this Sunday, and the way their offensive line has played, it would be a great game to jumpstart the pass rush.
- The Cleveland Browns Defense: If you allowed 13 points in over 90 seconds and lose then you belong on this list.
Three Stars of the Game:
- WR Garrett Wilson: Eight Receptions for 102 yards and two touchdowns
- QB Joe Flacco: 307 yards with four touchdowns
- RB Breece Hall: Seven carries for 5o yards with one touchdown
Next Jets Game: vs Bengals on Sunday, September 25th at 1:00 pm.
Latest posts by Kenny Servera (see all)
- Super Saturday Showdown: Rutgers defeats Mighty Spartans - February 5, 2023
- Should The Jets Get Aaron Rodgers: Yes and No! - January 25, 2023
- New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - January 15, 2023