The New York Jets are looking to shake off their Week 1 loss against the Baltimore Ravens as they head to Cleveland to face the Browns in Week 2 of the 2022 NFL season this Sunday at 1:00 pm ET. The Browns are coming off a walk-off win as kicker Cade York made the game-winning field goal against the Panthers for a 26-24 win.
As for the Jets? The defense held firm against Lamar Jackson and the offenses. Sadly, Jackson adjusted to the Jets' defense and destroyed the young secondary as he threw for 211 yards and three touchdowns. A learning experience for the young defense. As for the offense? QB Joe Flacco was ineffective as he couldn't get the offense going.
It's a new game so with that in mind let's check out this matchup between the Browns and Jets.
What To Expect:
- For the second straight week, QB Joe Flacco will start in place of QB Zach Wilson who is still healing from a knee injury he sustained in Week 1 of the preseason. As I said earlier, Flacco struggled to get the offense going as he and the offense only mustered nine points.
- QB Jacoby Brissett will start in place of QB Deshaun Watson who is still serving a suspension. Brissett did a decent job against the Panthers as he only threw for 147 yards and one touchdown. The Jets go from facing Lamar Jackson to Jacoby Brissett which could be a blessing for this young defense.
- DE Myles Garrett might wreak havoc against the Jets' Offensive line. Flacco was sacked three times last week. Myles Garrett registered two sacks against the Panthers last week. There will be a lot of double teams on Garrett.
Just The Facts:
- History is on Joe Flacco's side: Flacco is 17-3 against the Browns, fourth best record by a QB against a single opponent.
- In their last game against the Ravens, the Jets went 2 for 14 on third down. This stat is truly unacceptable.
- The Jets have a ten-game losing streak in the month of September. Their last win in September? Week One vs the Detroit Lions in 2018.
- The Browns are a six-point favorite against the Jets
- The Jets are on a two-game road losing streak. The last win on the road was November 28th, 2021 against the Houston Texans.
Five Big Questions to Ask:
- How will the Jets defense handle the two-headed monster known as Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubs?
- Will the Jets' offensive line contain DE Myles Garrett after his two-sack performance against the Panthers?
- Will QB Joe Flacco continue his dominance against the Browns?
- Will RB Breece Hall, WR Garrett Wilson, and CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner have a breakout game?
- Will tight ends be a part of the offense?
Who is on the Injury Report?
OUT: QB Zach Wilson (Knee), OT Duane Brown (Shoulder)
Questionable: Safety Jordan Whitehead (Ankle) Wide Receiver Braxton Berrios (Heel), Tight End CJ Uzomah (Hamstring) OL George Fans (Knee), Punter Braden Mann (Back), DL John Franklin Myers (Toe)
On paper, this game should be in favor of the Jets but sadly the game of football isn't played on paper. However, the Jets should be able to contain the run game of Nick Chubbs and Kareem Hunt. As for Myles Garrett, he will get at least two sacks against this offensive line. Joe Flacco will have a great game and RB Breece Hall will have a breakout game.