After their miracle comeback win against the Cleveland Browns, the Jets are looking to their next opponent in the reigning AFC champions, the Cincinnati Bengals. They are off to an 0-2 start, which is something to expect when you come off a Super Bowl appearance while the Jets are 1-1.
With that in mind, here is a preview of the upcoming game.
What To Expect:
- Joe Flacco: This could be the final start for QB Joe Flacco as Zack Wilson is on track to return in Week 4 against the Steelers. In two starts, Flacco has been pretty impressive as he has a completion percentage of 61.2% for 616 yards with five touchdowns and one interception. Last week's game against the Browns was the game where the offense started to be in sync with each other. The momentum is expected to continue but how will the offense be once Zack Wilson returns?
- The Bengals Have a Sack Problem: Old problems from last season resurface as the Bengals through two games allowed 13 sacks. Despite adding offensive line help, they are currently on pace to break the 110.5 sacks in a season, which was set by the 1986 Philadelphia Eagles. The Jets' defensive line is salivating at this scenario.
- Garrett Wilson: Last week's game against the Browns was Wilson's breakout game. He will continue his momentum.
Just The Facts:
- History isn't on Joe Flacco's side: The Bengals own Joe Flacco as they are 11-8 against the longtime QB. The Bengals' defense has picked off Flacco 25 times, the most for one team for a QB. Flacco may or may not repeat his performance from the last game.
- Bengals O-Line: As explained earlier, the Bengals' offensive line has been horrible. The Jets' defense has been a bit shaky. This will remedy the Jets' defenses ailments.
- Bengals' Offense: The Bengals have zero first-half touchdowns. Yikes.
- Betting odds: The Bengals are a 4.5 points favorite over the Jets.
Five Big Questions to Ask:
- How will Joe Flacco do in potentially his last start against the Bengals?
- How many sacks will the Bengals allow?
- Will WR Garrett Wilson and RB Breece Hall continue their momentum?
- Will the young defense step up?
- Will the Bengals go 0-3?
Who is on the injury report?
OUT: QB Zack Wilson (Knee)
Questionable: OT George Fant (Knee), DE John Franklin-Meyers (Toe, Quadriceps) TE CJ Uzomah (Hamstring), Free Safety Jordan Whitehead (Calf), DE Quinnen Williams (Foot)
The Jets are riding high, but this is a must-win game for the Cincinnati Bengals. They can't afford to go down 0-3. Joe Burrow should have a big game on Sunday along with Joe Mixon running the ball. The Jets picked up a lot that the momentum from last week will lead the Jets to another big win at home.