After their big win against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Jets are looking to keep the momentum going as they face a big test in the 3-1 Miami Dolphins. The Jets' defense has their work cut out for them as they have the tough task of stopping the dynamic duo of WR Tyreek Hill and WR Jaylen Waddle. With that in mind, here is my Week 5 preview of this highly anticipated matchup.
What To Expect:
- Momentum: QB Zach Wilson will play in his second straight game from injury and is looking to build momentum after his season debut last week against the Steelers. The Dolphins are dealing with QB issues as QB Tua Tagovailoa will miss this matchup due to a concussion (which is the right call). Instead, former Jet Teddy Bridgewater will start.
- Help is on the way for the Offensive Line: The Jets' offensive line has been in shambles in recent weeks but help could be on the way as OL Duane Brown could return from injury this week. Brown, who was dealing with a shoulder injury was placed on injured reserve in Week 1. The Jets must decide if they are going to take him off the IR and have him ready for Sunday.
- Sauce Gardner's big test: This game will be the biggest test of young Sauce Gardner's career as he has the task of defending two of the fastest wide receivers in the game in Hill and Waddle. Gardner says he is ready for the task.
Just the Facts:
- In the last nine meetings, the Dolphins are 8-1 against the Jets.
- The dynamic duo of WR Tyreek Hill and WR Jaylen Waddle have combined for 858 receiving yards with five touchdowns.
- The Jets are only one game back of the AFC East behind the Dolphins and Bills.
- Jets' offense should have a field day as the Dolphins are ranked 28th in the league in opponent yards per play.
- Dolphins are 3.5-point favorites to win this Sunday
Five Big Questions To Ask:
- How will Sauce Gardner do against Hill and Waddle
- With Tua out, how will Bridgewater manage the offense?
- Will the chemistry between Wilson and WR Garrett Wilson continue to grow?
- If Duane Brown returns from injury, will he help improve the O-Line?
- Can the Jets steal a win against the Dolphins?
Who is on the Injury Report?
Questionable: RB Breece Hall (Knee), QB Zach Wilson (Ankle), LB Marcell Harris (Neck) ILB Quincy Williams (Knee)
Prediction: Gang Green injury wise is healthier than the Dolphins and with the Dolphins dealing with QB issues, the Jets should win this game. Teddy Bridgewater is a good quarterback and will lead the offense with ease but it seems like every week the Jets are getting better. I have the Jets in an upset.
Final Score: Jets 27 Dolphins 23